HERE'S THE RESULTS FROM THE CONTEST:
1ST - TONY MALOUF
2ND - MARK MULVILLE
3RD - MICHEAL SPINNER
4TH - CHRIS GERBER
5TH - QUINN SEMLING
6TH - JIMMY HALE
7TH - DANE WILD
8TH - RYAN HERBACH
9TH - JOHNNY DEVLIN
10TH - AARON BAIRD
11TH - JERRY RAMON III
12TH - PIERAZEK JOEL
AM - 15 AND UP
1ST - BILLY RICHARDSON
2ND - TREY JONES
3RD - STEPHEN HART
4TH - RICKY RODGERS
5TH - NICK MAHONEY
6TH - RONNY MEDINA
7TH - TYLER FREDERICK
8TH - JOEY JOHNSTONE
9TH - CHRIS PARROTT
10TH - SCOTTIE HARDWAY
AM - 14 AND UNDER
1ST - NETHANIEL IRIZARRY
2ND - TYLER CAULDER
3RD - DANIEL OLSON
4TH - BRAD CARNIE
5TH - TYLER SANCHEZ
THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT CAME OUT THIS YEAR AND MADE THE EVENT ONE TO REMEMBER, AND ALSO HUGE THANKS TO THE SPONSORS WHO MADE IT ALL POSSIBLE. UGP CLOTHING, DC SHOES, RED BULL, AND THE FREE BBQ SPONSORED BY PRIMO. WE HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT YEAR! - Chad
Matt Coplon wrote: Top two which went to Mark Mulville and Tony Maluof (overall winner). Both rode amazing.
-Mark having lines galore traveling at full speed wielding a Superman costume, as Tony is one of the most dialed riders I have seen in awhile. At 17 years old, he goes real big and real tech. He deserved 1st. Besides being amazing on a bike, he's a pretty modest kid and definitely acts much older than he is which was quite refreshing. Congrats to both of them.
- Tony Cardona's alley-oop 270 from the spine into the vert wall wearing a 10 pound Scooby-do costume.
- Dave Osato's 360 whip to 360 nosepick over the street spine.
- Jerry Ramon's barspin to nosepick to barspin in.
- Mulville's 12 to 14ft alley-oop lookback across a quarter.
- Jimmy Hale's tailwhip to fufanu on a sub.
- Johny Devlin's 90 degree 360 handplant over a hip.
- Ryan Herbach being super consistent and doing all sorts of flim flam across the course including an icepick on the outside deck of the street spine to hard 180 back in.
- Dan Sieg coming real close to a double tailwhip 180 over the deck spine.
As far as antics go, Catfish is still the most entertaining, no holds barred- uncensored announcer in BMX. He had a stripper handing out cash rewards during runs for innovative stunts. At one point the stripper had put on some lingerie while handing out the rewards, though, was shut down soon after when the cops showed up. Wild times. The costume party afterwards in downtown Orlando was almost worth the whole weekend. Crazy costumes, crazy times. Check pimpskestatebmx.com for more uncensored details.
Everyone at Profile would like to send a "get well soon" to Phil Jones from NC in hopes of a quick recovery from, probably, the worst fall I've ever seen on a bike. Phil was in intensive care on yesterday suffering some serious facial injuries from a fall off the sub-box. According to Mike McQueen, he is now in stable condition and is awaiting surgery. Our hopes go out to him for a quick recovery.
Text: Chad de Groot/Matt Coplon