We would like to welcome HARO Bikes. They've signed on as a supporter of FATBMX. HARO makes a montly newsletter that we've browsed and decided to run right here:
- Over in the UK the first contest of the year took place in Birmingham at the Epic park. It was some sort of team contest so Team Haro (UK) entered. Anthony Pill (HARO Europe) reports:We got first place in the main event. Ben Hennon got first in 'best trick anywhere in the park'. Ben Manual won 'highest fakie on the vert wall' and I
won 'most technical lip trick'. So we won every prize there was to be won!"
- Senad Grosic (Austria) tore some ligaments in his ankle in Estonia and had to cancel his trip to New Zealand for the X-Air contest. Senad is trying to get back on his bike in 4 weeks so he can go on his trip to the USA. Get well soon.
- Tony D took Ryan Nyquist and Josh Harrington under his wing and left for a tour in New-Zealand/Australia. On the weekend of 22/23 January the riders will team up with Luke Parslow for the X-Air contest in Wellington. They all will enter the street and dirt competition. The event is sponsored by HARO Bikes.
- Warwick Stevenson has returned to the USA from a well deserved vacation to his home country. Warwick won 3 out of 4 races at the Christmas Classic in Florida before he left for holidays and he's planning on getting some more wins this weekend. Warwick had to turn down an invitation by our French distributor to race the Indoor Bicross in Tours, France as it would entail a bit too much traveling in between two important races in the USA. The important French race is sponsored by HARO Bikes.
- Here's some sites of HARO riders:
- Chad DeGroot's park in Florida will change names from Mission Park to Mesh park. The new facility has a 25,000 sq ft indoor and 20,000 sq ft outdoor part full of ramps. Chad is running Florida.
- Premium has got riders on the road with a bunch of photographers and the Props film crew so expect some good stuff out of this trip. The DVD made from this trip will be out in a couple of months. We'll keep you posted on that.
- Warwick Stevenson's World Championship bike is on display at the UCI World Training Center in Aigle, Switzerland.
- Peter Geys from Belgium scored a second place in a vert contest in Estonia earlier this month. Peter is working on having a backyard vert contest at his home in Overpelt, Belgium. It's not going to happen at the last weekend of August as Peter is getting married. Congratulations.
- HARO are advertising on the www.fatbmx.com website. With 2000 unique visitors per day this popular BMX site will generate more visitors to the HARO BIKES website. It's only one click away by hitting the HARO banner.
- HARO UK TOUR: 29 March - 4 April 2005. Scheduled to be in the van: Ryan Nyquist, Josh Harrington, Dave Mirra (Bike Show '05 only), Anthony Pill, Stefan Geisler, Ben Shenker, Ben Hennon and Ben Manuel.