News News News from the HARO camp:
- Dave Mirra decided to turn down the opportunity to race the Toyota celebrity race at the Long Beach Grand Prix and is concentrating on the upcoming contest season with the Dew Tour being a big part of it. Do you want to see Dave go big? wait for the new FOX ad. They've built Dave a monster ramp outside of his warehouse (it wouldn't have fit inside). Big roll in to massive jump box. Can you say airtime?
- The news that Warwick Stevenson had torn his ACL spread quickly. The Warlock's knee isn't healing, it can only be fixed with surgery. Fortunately cycling doesn't require lateral stability in the knee like basketball or tennis. He's just going to race with a brace to stabilize it. The brace should enable him to compete.
Warwick proved that at the NBL race in Nellis, Nevada last weekend where he scored two thirds (AA and Open) on Saturday and a 2nd place in Open on Sunday (with the bad knee.....).
- Peter Geys (HARO BENELUX) won the high air trophy at the Verthaus jam in Oberhausen, Germany. Peter is going to the first round of the Dew Tour in the USA.
- Jamie Gray, the Australian HARO adventurer, currently in the UK, sent in the following update:
"Well just a quick one because I have no time left on my library computer. All Is going well for us, raced the Bike Show last weekend, did quite well so can't complain. Made the final of the 4x on Sunday, was winning & dirty Frenchman Cedric Garcia (Top world MTBiker) took me out in the first turn!! Bloody French!! First round of UK nationals this weekend, knocked out in Semi!! In Scotland at the moment having a look around, went to Sherwood forest looking for Robin hood to give to the poor but he didn't show either!!! Anyway gotta run Library man is getting cross with me. Talk again as soon as I can, we don't have email in the van!!"
- HARO Europe rider Stefan Geisler got some photos in a tattoo magazine. It's coverage, right? OBG also has a photoshoot coming up for Lazer helmets, adidas and FreedomBMX magazine on Bennie Kopp's ramp in Germany.
- HARO New-Zealand racers Eric Matthews and Kurt Pickard kicked some serious butt at the 2005 New Zealand BMX National Championships. Expect Kurt to be in Bercy in July.
- Ryan Nyquist won the street contest at the Bike Show in England and got second in the miniramp contest. More on the event and how the HARO Europe/UK riders did at www.harobikes.com. Ryan's house was on MTV Cribs earlier this week.
- Warwick Stevenson has been added to the Australian National BMX team. The team's next big race are the 2005 UCI BMX World Championships to be held in Bercy, France. Velo2000 (HARO France) are sponsoring this race.
- Senad Grosic had a few slams on his left hip which turned purple in a few hours. He had his home doctor take out multiple syringes of blood to make it feel better. The Austrian HARO rider already did some shows in Vienna at the City hall and already is in HongKong for the next gig. Here's Senad's schedule:
Show schedule Senad Grosic:
07. May Podersdorf
14-15 May Linz
08. May Heidenreichstein
28. May Wien
11. June Wien
18. June St. PÃ¶lten
30. June Tulln
02. July Amstetten
16. July Aspang
1-5. May Somewhere near Hong Kong (Asian-X)
20-21.May kod Linz, Austria
2-5. June World's, Prague, Czech Republic
23-26 June bmx masters, Cologne, Germany
1-3. July Rebel jam, Berlin, Germany
8-10 July Nass, UK
22-24.July Urban Games, UK
4-7. August German Championships
18-21.August Pannonian challenge
26-28. August King Of Concrete, UK
Just to give you an idea of how busy those guys get. Read Senad's interview on the HARO website.
- Ben Shenker will doing the 2 week RedBull Local Hero tour in Hungary. It's back on the road for the HARO Europe freestyle rider from 13-19 May.