- Peter Geys (HARO Benelux) went back to the Ukraine and lived the life of a rock star being transported from show to show in a private jet. Peter will travel to the USA (not by private jet) to try to qualify for the Dew Action Sports Tour. With the way he has been riding lately we say he has a fair chance.
- Congratulations to Dave Mirra and his lady. They're getting married in November of this year.
- Ben Manuel's interview is up on the HARO site. Hit the Global section to read what the HARO UK rider is all about.
- AA Pro Warwick Stevenson is racing his HARO SX with a knee brace these days. He scored a third at the ABA Great Salt Lake Nationals last week. A week earlier he got an 8th at the ABA San Bernardino Nationals and he also got a podium at the NBL National in Nellis, NV getting third in class on Saturday. This guy gets around.
- Jamie Gray has packed his bags and left for the USA to live his dream as a pro BMX rider. The Australian HARO rider moved to the UK for a while to try to make a living riding 4-cross MTB races but found out the hard way that living in the UK is expensive and making money off of the competitive national series was next to impossible without full factory backing. The VW camper was sold and Jamie is currently staying with Warwick Stevenson in Scottsdale, Arizona and will be training and going to the races with the current UCI Elite men world champ, riding BMX.
- The HARO UK tour coverage continued with reports on sites from France, Belgium and Greece:
[url=http://webperso.easyconnect.fr/velo2000/]HARO France[/url] (France)
Also look out for an article on the UK tour in the next issue of the Australian BMX magazine: BMXpress and RIDE out of the UK with photos from Chris Woodage and text from Anthony Pill.
- Stefan Geisler flew back to Estonia to do some shows in May. He's motivated to go to Download festival/Snickers Soul Bowl in Donnington where a bunch of his favorite bands are playing and where a big wooden bowl will be set up for the vert riders.
- HARO has become a sponsor of the PointXcamp out in SoCal. For more info on this cooperation, visit the HAROBIKES.com website.
- Ryan Nyquist and Michael Cleveland had a good weekend taking 2nd and 6th respectively in Park at the CFB comp in Oklahoma City. Both were riding 2006 Nyquist prototypes. Michael actually qualified 2nd as well. The park course was inside a brand new concrete skate park "The Mat Hoffman Action Sports Park of Oklahoma City" making for some really interesting lines. Two Haro riders in the top ten, not a bad showing.
The CFB contest will air on Fox Sports Net.
- Dave Mirra's crazy FOX ad should be out in the next few weeks. All major BMX magazines will have the Mirra ad with a big jump on the huge outdoor jump box with roll in.
- Ryan Nyquist will enter the BMX Masters contest in Cologne, Germany from 23-26 June. A month later (14-17 July) it looks like Josh Harrington, Ryan Mills and Joe Riley will enter the FISE contest in Montpellier, France. 2 weeks later HARO's Warwick Stevenson will be defending his UCI Elite men World Title in Bercy, France. The European HARO team will be entering all over the place this summer as the European schedule seems to be busier than ever.
Don't have enough? visit www.HAROBIKES.com.