This is a role that would suit someone who is highly organised and efficient and who has a strong work ethic and a thirst to learn. We are establishing a new venture in the US so we are looking for a leader who has a track record of managing and motivating people and working in and around BMX.
An interest in BMX is essential; with a track record in the industry an advantage.
Experience of warehouse and shipping systems would also be considered an advantage; though not essential. Training on our systems will be provided.
There is significant potential for this role to grow and develop as the business grows and the team becomes larger.
Principal Areas of Responsibility
-Managing Warehouse Team and Goods Out (30% of time)
-Organise Warehouse Team to efficiently and effectively despatch customer orders
-Organise Warehouse Team to replenish stock and re-organise warehouse effectively
-Train and Manage staff
-Managing Goods In (50% of the time)
-Put away stock as part of the team.
-Ad-Hoc Projects (20% of the time – sometimes more)
-Lead on Ad-hoc projects such as staff recruitment, warehouse planning and liaising with the UK-based team on various projects
Expectations, Performance and Development
We will agree a set of performance indicators or objectives, which will form the basis of regular reviews.
We will have regular catch up sessions to review performance.
What We Require From You
1. You have a strong willingness and optimistic attitude to grow with this role.
2. You arrive on time for work every day; at least 10 minutes before you’re due to start.
3. You are highly positive in your thoughts, words, actions and appearance.
4. You are extremely organised and efficient and deliver even when under pressure.
5. You strive to offer the best customer service and product information in our industry by going the extra mile.
6. You will fully live the vision, mission and values of the Company.
7. You enjoy working independently and alone without constant supervision, and have an eye and passion for excellence in everything you do.
8. When working as part of a team you value the input of others and take responsibility for the part you have to play.
9. You have a “consider it done” attitude and hate making excuses when things are not done; you must see life as managing conflicting priorities and be good at it.
10. You learn from your mistakes, continually acquire new skills and ways of improving what you do.
11. You are proficient at using computers and Internet programs.
12. You have a great team ethic and enjoy showing loyalty and support to each team member.
13. You look for new ways to improve our business and processes and suggest them to management where you will always be listened to
What you can Expect from the Role
1. You will be part of the Worlds’ biggest and best BMX retailer.
2. You will primarily be based in Louisville, KY. 3 miles from Downtown Louisville (parking is provided and the warehouse is situated on a major bus route). A cell phone and laptop will be provided.
3. You will have access to support and training where you will get as much assistance as you require.
4. You will be able to purchase products at cost price plus 10